We offer several engaging, innovative, and individualized programs + classes for students in elementary grades (K-3rd).
For students in Kinder-1st grade, in Fall 2023 we are offering a W/Th 2-hour intensive Foundational Class (9-11AM), a curated Monday Session (9AM-2PM), and a W/Th Group Session (11AM-4PM) for socialization, collaboration and project-based investigation. [For upper elementary options, click here.]
- We focus on an investigative approach to learning through hands-on activities, projects, and creative, academic-based play.
- We prioritize building and improving foundational skills to foster independence, confidence, and a life-long love for learning.
- We strengthen socialization, collaboration, and communication through learning activities, arts/crafts, music, movement and outdoor play.
Our 5 Learning Options:
- Elementary A Main Program
- Main + Foundational Program
- Foundational Class
- Elementary A & B Block
- Elementary A Single Day
Click the image to view our 2023-2024 visual schedule ↓
MULTIPLE DAY OPTIONS:
- ELEMENTARY ‘A’ MAIN PROGRAM:
(MON 9AM-2PM + WED-THURS 11-4PM)
Comprehensive learning program that covers both foundational skills development as well as investigative learning, cross-curricular projects, and socialization. ($725/month)
- MAIN + FOUNDATIONAL:
(MON 9-2PM + WED-THURS 9-4PM)
All elements of the Elementary ‘A’ Main Program PLUS Wed/Th 2-hour intensive, small-group class for building essential K-2 skills. ($995/month)
- FOUNDATIONAL CLASS:
2-hour intensive class focused primarily on explicit, systematic, and multisensory practice in foundational skills, including phonemic awareness, phonics, spelling, reading, writing, and math. ($315/month)
- ELEMENTARY A & B BLOCK:
Focused on collaboration, socialization, creativity, skill-building, investigation of learning, and student-driven projects (in all subject areas) to create cross-curricular & meaningful connections between school and everyday life. ($490/month)
- ELEMENTARY ‘A’ BLOCK:
Foundational-focused learning that emphasizes phonics / phonemic awareness, and principles of reading, writing, spelling and math with hands-on activities. ($250/month)
- ELEMENTARY ‘B’ BLOCK:
Note: This option is for students primarily in upper elementary grades. Curriculum is focused on developing math, writing, spelling, and reading skills, higher-level thinking, and an investigation of cross-curricular concepts. [Click here to learn more about the 2nd-3rd grade learning options.]
- LOCATION: The 2023-2024 programs and ‘pods’ for students in Kinder-1st Grades will be hosted at a private residence in Bay Park/Clairemont, San Diego, California. (Please contact us for more information/specifics).
Elementary A Main Program — $725/month
Main + Foundational — $995/month
Elementary A & B Block — $490/month
Elementary A Single Day — $250/month
Foundational Class — $315/month
- Marisa Donnelly, MEd. is a licensed, Master-level ELA/Reading Teacher with over 14+ years of experience supporting students of all ages, grade levels, and abilities (including SPED), in a variety of educational settings and programs. She is passionate about non-traditional education.
- PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES: You can view our detailed program here. Or, check out this behind-the-scenes video to learn more about what we do!
- CURRENT FAMILIES: Here is the Microschool Homepage for your online access (updates, events, homework, and more)!
- Ready to join one of our Kinder-1st programs? Contact us to inquire & enroll! Or, give us a call (619) 780-5333.