We are an intentionally-designed, small-scale learning program for students between the ages of 5-9 (Kinder-1st + 2nd Grade). We offer an engaging, innovative, and highly individualized option for families seeking educational alternatives.
- We focus on an investigative approach to learning through hands-on activities, projects, and creative academic-based play.
- We prioritize building and improving foundational skills to foster independence, confidence, and a life-long love for learning.
- We strengthen socialization, collaboration, and communication through learning activities, arts/crafts, music, movement and outdoor play.
Tue, Wed & Thurs from 9AM-4PM
- Full-Day Program (9AM-4PM)
- Morning Session (9AM-1PM)
- Afternoon Session (12PM-4PM)
- MORNING SESSION: Foundational-focused learning that emphasizes phonics / phonemic awareness, and principles of reading, writing, spelling and math with hands-on activities. ($595/month)
- AFTERNOON SESSION: Curriculum-focused approach that covers advanced spelling, reading, writing & math, as well as social studies and STEM-based projects. ($595/month)
- FULLL-DAY LEARNING: Comprehensive, full-learning day that covers both foundational skills development as well as grade-level curriculum and socialization. ($895/month)
*NOTE: All programs are collaborative, social-focused, multidisciplinary, and engaging! Morning session is best for younger learners and learners needing more foundational skill support, but encompass Kinder-1st AND 2nd grade skills.
- LOCATION: The 2022-2023 Kinder-1st & 2nd ‘pod’ will be hosted at a private residence in North Bay Park, San Diego, California. The location is a few blocks east of the South Clairemont Park/Rec Center. (Please contact us for more information/specifics).
Full-Day – $895/month
Half-Day – $595/month
- Marisa Donnelly, MEd. is a licensed ELA/Reading Teacher with over 12+ years of experience supporting students of all ages, grade levels, and abilities (including SPED), in a variety of educational settings and programs. She is passionate about non-traditional education.
- You can view our detailed program here. Or, check out this behind-the-scenes video to learn more about what we do!
- CURRENT FAMILIES: Here is the Microschool Homepage for your online access (updates, events, homework, and more)!
- Ready to join our Kinder-1st & 2nd Program? Contact us to inquire & enroll! Or, give us a call (619) 780-5333.