As a secondary-level teacher, I will work with students grades 5th-12th.
To expand my understanding of lesson planning, classroom instruction, and accommodating for students of different ages, I decided to undertake a teaching-related internship at the college level.
Under the leadership of Dr. Kyle Torke, the English Department Chair at Waldorf College, I both shadowed and worked alongside him in his class: Intro to Creative Writing.
My duties included:
- lesson design, planning and implementation
- unit design
- leading classroom discussion
- creation of class/homework activities
- facilitating group/individual work and projects
- giving feedback on assignments, homework, poems, and papers